RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Dirty Snow by Simenon

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 09 Jan 2010

    Here's another article on them, by John Banville: http://www.laweekly.com/2008-05-29/art-books/the-escape-artist/1 And a follow up: http://neglectedbooks.com/?p=207 The only one I've read was The Accomplices, which was quite good. It starts with a man running a bus filled with kids off the road when he drifts across the center line while his hand is busy between his mistress's legs. I've picked up several others when I've found them in used bookstores. I seem to recall someone here mentioning that one of his translators took liberties with Simenon's text, even changing plot. Mark