RARA-AVIS: speaking of British noir

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 08 Jan 2010

    I see that New York Review of Books has put out a Patrick Hamilton book, Twenty Thousand Streets Under the Sky: A London Trilogy. I've never read Hamilton, though I have know many rate him quite highly, including Paul Duncan in his Pocket Essentials book on Noir Fiction. I have a copy of Hangover Street. Is that the place to start? How does Twenty Thousand Streets rate? Mark