RARA-AVIS: Rialto British Noir

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 08 Jan 2010

    AFI Silver's weekly email notes that March will bring a series of British Noir from Rialto, but don't yet list the movies. However, I've noticed in the past that many of their series have previously played other cities. Turns out a series of this title has played in Portland. It's short, but it's got some good films: Third Man, of course, and Peeing Tom. However, it's also got three I've never seen: It Always Rains on Sunday, Fallen Idol and Brighton Rock. I'm really excited about finally getting to see that last. I should drag out the book and reread it. I seem to recall that it's being/been remade. Is that right? Yup, and according to imdb, it's got some big names, John Hurt, Helen Mirren. Pinkie's played by Sam Riley. He was very good as Ian Curtis in Control. Mark