RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Ed McBain

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 05 Jan 2010

    I enjoy McBain's short fiction (though not nearly as much as Block's) and his early pseudonymous stand-alones (and a few of his McBain stand-alones), but have yet to read any of his 87th Precinct series. Since I tend to have an aversion to series (and, increasingly, detective fiction), I probably never will.

    Ron C.

    But last
    > week I picked up LEARNING TO KILL, a collection of his early works. This
    comes
    > almost exactly a year after loving Lawrence Block's ONE NIGHT STANDS &
    LOST