Re: RARA-AVIS: e-books/e-readers

From: Anthony Dauer (anthony.dauer@gmail.com)
Date: 19 Dec 2009

    I have discovered way more authors online than I have ever discovered in a bookstore. There's no search engine in a bookstore. Unless I get lucky and the book is either on table with an eye catching cover, the likelihood of finding something on the shelves that I'm looking for is difficult enough. Through Amazon.com and its multi-national, English-based online stores I have read authors that are not yet available in the US. New authors can also get themselves on the shelves at Amazon.com a lot easier than they can get onto the limited brink-and-mortar selves that are even more sensitive to what books they stock as the competition grows. One of the Borders here in DC actually down-sized its spaces not long ago.

    --
    Anthony Dauer
    Annandale, Virginia