Re: RARA-AVIS: possibly the biggest publishing story of the year

From: Allan Guthrie (allan@allanguthrie.co.uk)
Date: 17 Dec 2009

    I think there's a slight misunderstanding here. He's not publishing exclusively on the Kindle. The e-books will be available exclusively on the Kindle, yes, but the print rights remain with Simon & Schuster. All that's changed is that you can now buy Stephen Covey's "7 Habits" and
    "Principle-Centred Leadership" for your Kindle, whereas previously you couldn't buy an electronic version in any format. I did this myself not so many months ago for those of my books where the e-rights were available and not being exploited.

    Al
    ----- Original Message ----- From: "Patrick King" <abrasax93@yahoo.com> To: <rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com> Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 6:12 PM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: possibly the biggest publishing story of the year

    Well, Covey will get all the money his books generate in this scenario. He doesn't take royalties as he would with a conventional publisher. The question is, do all Covey's readers have an e-reader, or will they go out and get one now that Covey is exclusively publishing in this format?

    I wanted to listen to Bob Dylan's XM radio program, but not enough to buy an XM radio. I'll wait until the programs are released on CD. A few have been.

    Patrick King