RARA-AVIS: Re: possibly the biggest publishing story of the year

From: Debbi Mack (demack5@comcast.net)
Date: 17 Dec 2009

    Um, not to gloat or anything, but I've been predicting this ever since Amazon 1) created a rapidly growing demand for e-books by making the Kindle and 2) made it possible for authors to self-publish so easily. The existing big name authors will obviously have a leg-up on the midlisters and the independents. Even so, the possibilities for the "little guys" to distribute and promote their work have increased dramatically. This change has been coming and poses a very real threat to publishers. (And those with vested interests will be pulling out all the stops to protect those interests.) Personally, I'm enjoying sitting back and watching how this all plays out.

    Best, Debbi

    Debbi Mack IDENTITY CRISIS Published by Lulu http://www.lulu.com/content/3923913 Available as an e-book on Amazon, Scribd and Smashwords http://www.debbimack.com http://midlistlife.wordpress.com/