Re: RARA-AVIS: possibly the biggest publishing story of the year

From: davezeltserman (Dave.Zeltserman@gmail.com)
Date: 17 Dec 2009

    I think over the next year we'll see many more deals of this type for the amazon kindle and bn nook, and I think the big box stores (Walmart, Costco, Target) will be jumping in with their own deals for celebrity blockbuster type books--since books are loss leaders for them anyway and it's all about foot traffic for them. Maybe this will be the best thing for the big publishers as they'll realize that getting into bed with the big retailers hasn't been the best move, and that they might be better focusing on real booksellers and real books as opposed to the celebrity crud they've been pushing.