Re: RARA-AVIS: Re:Dick Francis recur'g char's: TV [was: has this been doen before?]

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Dec 2009

    Not really. Bart Simson's been eight-years-old for 20 years now. The folks we're talking about have more in common with Bart than they do with Mann's von Aschenbach. I think if you're reading one of these books and are concerned about the protagonist's age, the writer has most likely failed to come up with a good plot.

    Patrick King