RARA-AVIS: Favorites of 2009

From: cptpipes2000 (cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 08 Dec 2009

    It was a terrific year for books and I still have Dave Zeltserman's Pariah, Colin Harrison's Risk and the Bruen/Coleman collaboration to get to this month.

    Enough preamble: these were my 10 favorite books published this year. I'm sure I've missed a ton of other great ones, which I hope to hear about from you guys so I can dig into them next year.

    10. Michel Connelly: Nine Dragons 9. T. Jefferson Parker: The Renegades 8. Richard Lange: This Wicked World 7. Walter Mosley: The Long Fall 6. George Pelecanos: The Way Home 5. James Ellroy: Blood's A Rover 4. Adrian McKinty: Fifty Grand 3. Thomas H. Cook: The Fate of Katherine Carr 2. Jess Walters: The Financial Lives of the Poets 1. Dan Chaon: Await Your Reply

    Chris