RARA-AVIS: Re: Goodis' "Of Missing Persons" on film

From: Larry (onairvideo@mac.com)
Date: 08 Dec 2009

    I have seen this film and for a Goodis adaptation it's one of the better ones. This film is based on a Goodis novel written during his time in Hollywood and is considerably more plot driven than later novels. Actually there are plot aspects that remind me of Hitchcock's Frenzy. Some of the characterizations are a little wild but that may be because it's in another language.

    On a related note, I'm completing a documentary on David Goodis which will be available in January. Please check out my website in the next couple of weeks for more information. www.onairvideo.com

    Larry Withers