Re: RARA-AVIS: Gil Brewer

From: Don Lee (donthepoet420@gmail.com)
Date: 05 Dec 2009

    I just ordered and read the first New Pulp Press release, THE DISASSEMBLED MAN by Nate Flexer. I was way impressed. It's as grim as any Jim Thompson you ever read, but his way w/ a simile is right out of Chandler. I kept laughing at the most horrible shit. It's an awesome book. I plan to order the rest of them very soon. Plus of course the Gil Brewer. Go New Pulp Press!

    On 12/5/09, Busted Flush Press <bustedflushpress@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > I just got word from Jon at New Pulp Press that their reprint of Gil
    > Brewer's FLIGHT TO DARKNESS is just about out.  I love the cover...
    > http://www.newpulppress.com/titles/flight_to_darkness/
    >
    > David
    >
    > David Thompson
    > Busted Flush Press, LLC
    > P.O. Box 540594, Houston, TX  77254-0594 / (713) 942-9282
    > www.bustedflushpress.com / bustedflushpress.blogspot.com(BFP's blog)
    > Twitter:  http://twitter.com/bustedflushpres
    > Booksellers/librarians:  BFP books are distributed by
    > Consortium(800-283-3572).

    "Go soothingly on the greasy mud, for therein lies the skid demon."
    -- Chinese Road Sign