RARA-AVIS: Re: Harlequin

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 02 Dec 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, "J.C. Hocking" <jchocking@...> wrote:

    > Which Wade Miller titles have you been reading?

    I've read seven in a row, some I had never read and others I had forgotten about, so they all counted as new reads. The most recent one I read is Stolen Woman, a noir melodrama set in Mexicali that would make Jim Thompson proud. Wade and Miller were evidently on the same wavelength as Thompson and other noir writers, and their writing is top-notch, which doesn't hurt at all... I have lined up a bunch of Max Thursdays for the coming weeks. I am also digging up several titles by Lionel White, another old favorite that I hadn't revisited in a long time.

    I think I have read Devil May Care, but don't remember much about it. I haven't found it yet in the boxes I'm searching.

    Best,

    mrt