RE: RARA-AVIS: night dogs by kent anderson

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 01 Dec 2009

    It's been a while since I read it, but I recall being similarly impressed and recommending it to anyone who would listen to me. It's a stunning book.

    I've read his others -- SYMPATHY FOR THE DEVIL and LIQUOR, GUNS AND AMMO -- but neither approaches the narrative power of NIGHT DOGS.

    I don't know if he's writing anymore or not, but the long hiatus since LIQUOR would suggest he is not (or is taking his time doing so). There is mention in LIQUOR that he is/was working on a novel about horses (?!?) -- for me, that that book has not yet appeared is not a concern. I like Kent Anderson...but I guess I dislike literary musings about the grace of horses even more.

    Ah, but we'll always have NIGHT DOGS...

    Ron C.