Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: are authors the best judge of their work?

From: J.C. Hocking (jchocking@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Nov 2009

    What?! The Harlequin reprints were cut?  Honestly? What the hell were they thinking? Hey, what was that thumping sound? Why that was the three Harlequin reprints I bought dropping into my goddam wastebasket.

    John Hocking

    ________________________________ From: grbc74 <gbaeza@gmail.com> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Fri, November 27, 2009 9:09:36 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Re: are authors the best judge of their work?

      Not to mention that Hard Case is the only imprint that is reprinting paperbacks as it should be done. Harlequin's recent series of reprints was pathetic. Not only did they pick mostly mediocre novels (primarily based on their titles or their cover art, as one of their editors admitted in an interview on their website) but they censored and rewrote the parts that they thought might offend new readers. I bought all six as soon as I found out they were coming out. I wish I'd known about the butchering earlier.

    -GB.