RARA-AVIS: Re: are authors the best judge of their work?

From: davezeltserman (Dave.Zeltserman@gmail.com)
Date: 27 Nov 2009

    hardcasecrime" <editor@...> wrote:

    > I'd think this would go without saying, but just to state the obvious: I
    > didn't want to reprint those. I wanted to reprint the first one.
    >
    > Furst had no interest in allowing any of the three to be reprinted, and
    > he's right about two of them (but wrong about one).
    >
    > --Charles

    Well, no. Your earlier post:

    "And a number of authors have said no to my requests to reprint some of their early work: Alan Furst won't allow his early comic pot dealer novels to be reprinted;"

    Gave other possible implications. But thanks for clearing this up. So far the quality of the Hardcase reprints has been very good, and I'd hate to think you'd start reprinting lousy books just to chase after some easy (easier??) money.

    --Dave