RARA-AVIS: JDM

From: Bill Crider (macavityabc@gmail.com)
Date: 26 Nov 2009

    I'm with Walker Martin on JDM's revisions in THE GOOD OLD STUFF and MORE GOOD OLD STUFF. I wish he'd left the stories as they were originally published. Maybe not everybody remembers Primo Carnera, but they could look him up. It's like revising Hemingway. I can see it now. "The Gambler, the Nun, and the iPod."

    JDM had two novels that he wasn't thrilled with. WEEP FOR ME was reprinted once, but never again. The novelization of I COULD GO ON SINGING was never reprinted.

    Bill Crider