RARA-AVIS: Re: 65.000 words

From: davezeltserman (Dave.Zeltserman@gmail.com)
Date: 24 Nov 2009

    I read somewhere that with the increasing use of e-book readers, iPhones for reading books, and more and more books to be tweeted, that novellas are expected to make a comeback. This probably also means that books will be getting much thinner as reader with more and more books loaded on their ebook readers will dedicate less time to any one book.

    Anyway, people looking for shorter, leaner books, the third in my "man out of prison" noir trilogy through Serpent's Tail, Killer, is out next year and weighs in at around 62K words. Pariah, OTOH, is about 95K words and is still about as lean as Cain's 'Double Indemnity'--no padding, and nothing that I could see that could be cut.

    --Dave