RARA-AVIS: Re: The Little Sleep by Paul Tremblay

From: cptpipes2000 (cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 23 Nov 2009

    Thanks to both Dave Z. and David R. for recommending The Little Sleep by Paul Tremblay. As I mentioned earlier, I would not have read this otherwise, as the title and concept struck me as too much of a gimmick. And for fans of non-padded books, this one fits the bill as well. You can read it in one sitting.

    I also recently finished Jess Walters' The Financial Lives of the Poets. I loved his Citizen Vince a few years back and his latest novel is perfect for these economic times (sorry, I don't know how to avoid that cliche when describing this one). It's not as brutal as Westlake's The Ax, but dark and funny nevertheless. One of my favorites of 2009.

    best, Chris