Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Lehane/Stasio on noir

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 18 Nov 2009

    Jim, why are you attributing Marilyn Stasio's quote to me? Granted, there have never been pictures taken of me and Stasio together, but that does not mean we're the same person! I am NOT Marilyn Stasio!

    Why my definition of noir deals with crossing a moral line and the inevitable doom that follows, as opposed to a dark, sinister atmosphere, I am too tired to argue now but will do so later. BUT Farewell, My Lovely is hardboiled, not noir.

    Good luck, Dave. I've given up. Jim has "the definition" of noir and it's so simplistic almost everything from Dickens to Harry Potter is noir to him. But he knows he's right and everyone else is wrong. Be prepared for some LONG posts.

    Patrick King