Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: state of NY publishing

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 17 Nov 2009

    Yes, Ian, your understanding is correct.

    Patrick King

    From: Ian Galbraith <morrolan.ian@gmail.com> Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: state of NY publishing To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 7:02 AM

          Hi,

    I usually just lurk here but I've been following this debate with some

    interest as I'm about to get a Kindle myself. Without defending Amazon

    deleting the book, as I understand it users can actually backup the content

    on their Kindle to their computer and thus if Amazon deletes a book it can

    be restored from the backup. The wifi connection can also be turned off and

    books just purchased from a computer and then transferred to the Kindle

    which would also guard against unauthorised deletions.

    Ian