Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: state of NY publishing

From: Patrick King (abrasax93@yahoo.com)
Date: 17 Nov 2009

    Well, Brian, you're dead wrong. That's all. I can download all my Kindle files to my computer hard drive if I choose to, share them with cheap friend, or print them out on paper and share them with even cheaper friends. I own them just as much as anyone owns a book and they're easier to manipulate or quote from when I need to. Of course, if I have no scruples at all, I can scan The DA VINCI CODE, put out my own electronic edition of it, and sell it for $5.99 until Dan Brown discovers what I'm doing and complains about it. That's when it has to be yanked and that's exactly what happened with the Orwell content. You talk about sophistry, that stupid con was sophistry and overstated at that using Orwell. It would have been subtler to use Ayn Rand... but a lot more work ;-}

    Patrick King