RARA-AVIS: Books

From: cptpipes2000 (cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 16 Nov 2009

    It's been a great Fall for me on the book front with Ellroy's Blood's A Rover, Connelly's Nine Dragons and Chaon's Await Your Reply as the high points.

    I abandoned the latest from Lethem (which wouldn't have been on-topic anyway) halfway through to start This Wicked World, the first novel from Richard Lange. His short story collection Dead Boys was terrific a few years back so I have high hopes for this one.

    Whenever I've been between new books this year, I've picked up something from the back catalog of Charles McCarry and T. Jefferson Parker. It will take me a few more years to get through everything of theirs this way, but it works well for me.

    On deck are the latest from Colin Harrison and Jess Walters and our own Dave Zeltserman. I loved Walters' Citizen Vince, but put down The Zeroes unfinished. We'll see how this next one goes.

    best to all, Chris