Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: state of NY publishing

From: Allan Guthrie (allan@allanguthrie.co.uk)
Date: 14 Nov 2009

    The current situation with regard to POD and e-books is very similar to the paperback original explosion in the 50s. The same arguments were made then as are being made now. Much of what was published then was terrible, sure, but that hasn't stopped us all finding the gems. There is a concern re bad books that if someone reads an extended sequence of one crap book after another, they may decide to stop reading altogether. The more bad books out there, the more likely that is to happen. I would suggest, though, that quality of writing is not paramount in the majority of commercial publishing. So the situation already exists.

    Al

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "jacquesdebierue" <jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com>