RARA-AVIS: Re: Dick Stodghill, RIP

From: moorich2 (moorich@aol.com)
Date: 11 Nov 2009

    I was very sad to hear of Dick's death. Going back three decades, we shared a few conversations at Edgar Awards dinners and (IIRC) at least one Bouchercon...perhaps Milwaukee in 1981. He was a great guy and wrote some fine stories for the mystery digests. I had no idea that some had been collected but will seek them out now.

    We corresponded for a time but not in many years. I had hoped to see him turn up at the PWA awards dinner in Indianapolis last month as I recalled he lived in Indianapolis and he had a short story nominated. Now I know illness prevented that. Would have been nice if he had won but that wasn't to be.

    Richard Moore