RARA-AVIS: Re: Review of "Best American Mystery Stories 2009"

From: davezeltserman (Dave.Zeltserman@gmail.com)
Date: 09 Nov 2009

    What you have is Ed Gorman's yearly best mystery anthology tends to be what we think of as mysteries, while BAMS tends to be more literary fiction. I recognized one of the stories in this year BAMS from when I was judging one of the industry awards (won't say which one). This particular story was very well-written, definitely on the literary side, but as far as I could tell wasn't a mystery, crime, or thriller story. So Jon Breen's review is at least accurate for 1 out of the 20!

    --Dave