Re: RARA-AVIS: New Ellroy

From: Nathan Cain (IndieCrime@gmail.com)
Date: 06 Nov 2009

    I just finished Blood's A Rover moments ago. I'm still a little overwhelmed. The story definitely did not go where I expected it to go, and the book itself changed as it progressed. Ellroy's bebop prose style and his casual use of racial slurs disappear as the book gets more serious and the characters get closer to what passes for redemption. The whole thing kind of caught be off guard.

    On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 3:21 AM, John Williams <johnwilliams@ntlworld.com>wrote:

    > Remarkable book, my thoughts here, for what they're worth
    >

    > http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/reviews/bloods-a-rover-by-james-ellroy-1815309.html
    > <
    > http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/reviews/bloods-a-rover-by-james-ellroy-1815309.html

    <*> Your email settings: