Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: kindle query

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 06 Nov 2009

    Are the Kindle, Sony e-Reader, etc. "a guy thing"?

    Anybody know a woman who has one, wants one, likes using it? Even a young woman or teenager?

    I ask because I'm middle-aged and can't imagine ever loving one no matter how indistinguishable their now slightly glowing screens become from the paper in a book. But then the smells in a used/rare bookstore are like aromatherapy for me.

    Kari

     "You may have the watches, but we have the time." - Afghan proverb

    -----Original Message----- From: K. Elisabeth Johnson <prosperena@yahoo.com> To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thu, Nov 5, 2009 2:28 pm Subject: RARA-AVIS: Re: kindle query

    Are the Kindle, Sony e-Reader, etc. "a guy thing"?

    Anybody know a woman who has one, wants one, likes using it? Even a young woman or teenager?

    I ask because I'm middle-aged and can't imagine ever loving one no matter how indistinguishable their now slightly glowing screens become from the paper in a book. But then the smells in a used/rare bookstore are like aromatherapy for me.

    my girlfriend wants one. and she's 54

    John Lau