Re: RARA-AVIS: kindle query

From: davezeltserman (Dave.Zeltserman@gmail.com)
Date: 05 Nov 2009

    I didn't want to give up my records and move to cds, but I had no choice as records disappeared almost overnight.

    There is a tipping point where if enough book buyers switch to e-book readers, book stores, where many are struggling now, will go out of business, as will many publishers, and those of us who don't want e-book readers will have no choice. I have no idea what that tipping point is. 10%? 20%? The ironic thing about this is in an e-book only world, the mega-bestsellers like Stephen King and Stephanie Myer, will most certainly bypass publishers and put their books on the e-books themselves, since what would publishers have to offer if distribution and printing are no longer issues?. So this push by publishers is a push to put themselves out of business.

    --Dave