Re: RARA-AVIS: Ellroy interview in Rolling Stone

From: Steve Novak (Cinefrog@comcast.net)
Date: 02 Nov 2009

    A Œvoice¹ he is not: grandiloquent, bombastic, all SFX, all ego, ready to lay it out for any media hype, ready to embellish, twist and paint over...his few live apparitions in the DTW/Ann Arbor area have all been of the same nature in that respect...and the few I saw in LA or Chicago were exactly the same... Interviews have been circulating for years at the same level... A Œwriter¹ and a great one: he positively is...

    Some cognocenti (foreign one that is) that I have talked to have murmured about a propencity for the red in the Bordeaux¹s and other distillations...I wasn¹t there...but I do like Bordeaux¹s myself...

    I always wait for the next book though...eagerly...

    Montois