RARA-AVIS: Re: Fredric Brown

From: jacquesdebierue (jacquesdebierue@yahoo.com)
Date: 02 Nov 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Bill Crider <macavityabc@...> wrote:

    > I just finished reading WE ALL KILLED GRANDMA. Not a very good book.
    > Copious drinking, lots of talking, and . . . that's about all.
    >
    > Bill Crider

    Thanks for the report, Bill. I haven't read that one. Finished The Deep End yesterday, no funny stuff, it's all noir, excellent story. Almost no drinking... This novel read like something modern (though it was published in the early fifties). It does predate Ross Macdonald's psychological explorations.

    Best,

    mrt