RE: RARA-AVIS: Slightly Scarlet and Leave her to Heaven

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 31 Oct 2009

I'm not sure I'd make a big argument that Leave Her to Heaven is noir. Although I do think it has some noir elements, I'd say they are overwhelmed by the melodrama. However, I don't think a domestic setting rules out noir. Al pointed out Grimhaven, but what is The Postman Always Rings Twice if not a domestic drama? And all of the later books that have a marriage destabilized by the entrance of a stranger? Mark