RE: RARA-AVIS: Noir City DC

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 28 Oct 2009

    The film was far from a classic, but the craft was particularly good, especially the cinematography. Hirsch said Alton (I think that was his name) was a great talent, but very hard to work with, so he was mostly stuck making B films. The colors were quite vivid, even in the somewhat faded print. As for the story, the appeal was a campy one, which led to my Sirk comparison. Mark