RARA-AVIS: Free George Harmon Coxe Books Available

From: JIM DOHERTY (jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Oct 2009

    Some of you may have heard that cozy mystery novelist Jeanne Dams, former president of the MWA's Midwest Chapter, returned from Bouchercon on Sunday to find that her husband had passed away during the weekend, a terrible shock as I'm sure you can imagine.

    It happened that Ed Dams, a Pulitzer Prize winning photojournalist, was a big fan fo George Harmon Coxe, the creator of crime-solving photojournalists Jack Casey and Kent Murdock. Over the years he collected a fairly large number of harcovered, dust-jacketed Coxe books that Jeanne would like to give away.

    That's right. Give away.

    If anybody here is a Coxe fan and either lives near South Bend, IN, or is wiling to pay for shipping, contact me off list, and I'll give you Jeanne's contact info.

    If you're not a Coxe fan, Jeanne could, in any case, use your good thoughts and prayers.

    JIM DOHERTY