Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: John D.

From: Patrick King (
Date: 21 Oct 2009

    >>POP 1280 is a comic story about how difficult it is to be an honest law man in the US of A. Nick Corey BECOMES amoral to survive and his antics are outlandish hyperbole.<<

    Well, all I can say is that's not what I got out of the book. At all. On my planet, Corey is a psychotic who at times appears to believe he is on a divine mission. Though Pop.1280 is played somewhat for humor, it is otherwise very comparable to The Killer Inside Me. Or so it seems to me.

    Well, on my planet, any book where the protagonist is lured in a very friendly manner into taking a kick in the ass in the first chapter, is not to be taken entirely seriously.

    Patrick King