RARA-AVIS: Tom's opinion seconded

From: Juri Nummelin (juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi)
Date: 17 Oct 2009

    I agree with Tom Armstrong about John D. MacDonald. MacDonald must be a writer who has significance mainly to the American readers, since he doesn't resonate with me at all, and I know I'm not the only Finnish reader who feels the same. Apart from the cheap paperback publishers, he's had very few Finnish translations - I think only one from a big publisher, while Ross Macdonald (to pick up a writer I very much admire) had almost all of his sixties and seventies books translated in here.

    Juri