RARA-AVIS: The Leonard family

From: juri.nummelin@pp.inet.fi
Date: 11 Oct 2009

    Just recently I read almost back-to-back two books by the Leonard family.

    VALDEZ IS COMING (of which there's the first Finnish translation ever): there's no reason why Elmore Leonard couldn't have the Nobel Prize for literature. I especially admire how the tough guy prose, even at its most terse, brilliantly captures the feelings, emotions and philosophy of the characters.

    QUIVER: Peter Leonard is certainly no worse than his father. Excellent first book, with the same elements that make his father's books stand out, but maybe with more emphasis on the thriller plot. I don't mind at all.

    Juri