RARA-AVIS: robert lewis/the last llanelli train

From: ejmd__ (ejmd__@ntlworld.com)
Date: 10 Oct 2009

     "sonny" sforstater@yahoo.com wrote:

    > opinions on this author/novel?  my
    > brother has it and i could read it,
    > but i have a huge TBR pile already.

    Somehow, I managed to pick up second-hand copies of this, and the sequel, Swansea Terminal (probably because I used to live out that way).

    I never managed to get to the end of The Last Llanelli Train, but not for want of trying--the bookmark is still in it, about 3/4 of the way through! I finished and enjoyed Swansea Terminal though.

    The first one never really seemed to hook me in; perhaps the pacing was better in the second one, but I found it more readable.

    ED