RARA-AVIS: Speaking of JDM

From: Karin Montin (kmontin@sympatico.ca)
Date: 09 Oct 2009

    I went to my first mystery writing workshop last night and two of the participants talked about how great JDM is, how the McGee series still stands the test of time, you can read any book anytime and enjoy it. The teacher (Michael Blair, author of five mysteries set in Vancouver and Toronto) said JDM used to have six typewriters set up and roll around the room working on different books. True?

    In other personal JDM news, I picked up a bunch of books, including several non-McGee titles, at 5 for $1. Never thought of hospitals as a good place for this kind of shopping, but there were a lot of "old" books at that price. Worth visiting even when I don't have a mother in emergency. (She's out and fine--false alarm.)

    Karin