RARA-AVIS: Man in Love with Murdered Woman? Need Examples

From: CHRISTA M (faust@christafaust.com)
Date: 01 Oct 2009

    OK, Avians, I'm working on an article and looking for books and films in which a man falls for and/or becomes sexually obsessed with a murdered stranger AFTER her death. For example LAURA (even though she turns out to be alive after all) or Ellroy's BLACK DAHLIA. Ideally, I need a few contemporary examples but older stuff would help too.

    Also, can anyone think of an example of the opposite? A woman who falls for a murdered stranger after his death?

    Thanks!

    - Christa