Re: RARA-AVIS: dicaprio

From: James Michael Rogers (jeddak5@cox.net)
Date: 01 Oct 2009

    I think DiCaprio could pull it off, but he would be better in other HB and noir roles. He has that weird trick of seeming to look inside of himself while wearing an expression as though he's just stepped in something nasty. He also does seething resentment and sociopathic self-confidence well. I would love to see him do any Jim Thompson or James Ellroy story, or maybe appear as Ned Beaumont in a remake of The Glass Key.

    That kind of thing isn't usually called for in the McGee stories, though it certainly would be in a lot of McDonald's non-series books.

    When is someone going to start filming the 87th Precinct novels again?

    James