Re: RARA-AVIS: Continental Op

From: Brian Thornton (bthorntonwriter@gmail.com)
Date: 24 Sep 2009

    Dave-

    Have you read "The Big Knockover" yet? Put together with "$106,000 Blood Money," it makes another "novel," since both are long shorts, practically novella-length.

    Speaking as a long-time fan of Hammett's work, I think that I prefer the Op in short stories. "Dead Yellow Women," "The House on Turk Street," "The Girl With the Silver Eyes," and my favorite of his shorts, "The Scorched Face" all really worked well with the Op in them. Much better than THE DAIN CURSE turned out.

    YMMV-

    Brian