RE: RARA-AVIS: Connelly on Castle

From: Mark Sullivan (DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 22 Sep 2009

    Castle is an ABC show on Monday nights at 10 PM. The character Castle is a mystery writer who has finagled his way into working cases with the NYPD (he's friends with the mayor, who thinks it will be good publicity for the NYPD). Of course, there is a Moonlighting type relationship between Castle and the female lead investigator. It's pretty light stuff, mildly diverting at best. However, many episodes contain a scene with Castle's regular poker game with fellow mystery writers (based on the Scott Meredith game, perhaps?) where he discusses his current case. Stephen J Cannell is the one constant. James Patterson has appeared and, on last night's season premiere, Michael Connelly. Last night dealt with underground poker games, so the writers' stories about gamblers came up. In Connelly's case, it was "One Dollar Jackpot." Apparently it's a Bosch short story, but I have not read it. Mark