RE: RARA-AVIS: good news/terrible news

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 16 Sep 2009

    For how long? For good (or until a serious injection of funds?)?

    Terrible news, indeed. I can't imagine how the city of Philadelphia let things degrade to such a point that libraries will soon be boarded up. The city of Seattle recently shut down its library system for one week to make up a portion of its budget shortfall ($675,000, if I recall correctly) -- but to just shut 'em down and turn out the lights for good...how sad and shameful.

    Ron C.