Re: RARA-AVIS: OT: Folking Around

From: Karin Montin (kmontin@sympatico.ca)
Date: 16 Sep 2009

    Dylan also wrote many songs in the folk tradition, and by that I mean influenced, based on or adapted from traditional songs. One example is Hard Rain, based on Lord Randall. Another is Girl from the North Country, based on Scarborough Fair. And another is Bob Dylan's Dream, inspired by Lord Franklin. Lots of lines from other traditional songs can be heard in his early stuff: Go away from my window, all his blues, etc., etc. Obviously, he was a folk singer in every sense of the word.

    Karin

    --
    Karin Montin