RARA-AVIS: Hard Case Crime, French Version?

From: RachelsDA@comcast.net
Date: 16 Sep 2009

    Folks--

    I have found something that seems quite bizarre, and I would be delighted if someone could explain it to me.

    I was trolling for Gil Brewer titles in the ABEBooks.com database, and I found a bookstore in France that has in stock something like 20 copies of a French edition of Brewer's _13 French Street_.  Here's where it gets weird:  Though it is a French publication, it appears to be published in the original English, and the cover design includes a version of the Hard Case Crime logo.  Say what?

    If anyone is curious to see the cover image, I have temporarily posted it at the top of my blog, here:

    http://pulppoem.blogspot.com/

    Anthing from wild theory to actual fact would be appreciated!

    David R.