Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RED HARVEST

From: J.C. Hocking (jchocking@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Sep 2009

    Walker Martin: "I had obtained the several issues of BLACK MASK containing the novelets and the combination of the great hardboiled, downbeat story with the pulpwood scent remains in my memory to this day."
      I am an aging, easy-going sort of fellow, but that bit about having the "several issues of Black Mask containing the novelets" that comprise Fast One filled my soul with black envy.
      The book is dizzyingly intense and it must have been a treat to read it on the pulpwood page.
      John