RE: RARA-AVIS: Dan J. Marlowe

From: Ron Clinton (clinton65@comcast.net)
Date: 06 Sep 2009

    The OP and Mark S. have all mentioned the Marlowe novels that are worth reading (to varying degrees...a few are brilliant, a few somewhat less so but still well worth the time). The OPERATION (fill in the blank) novels are not, and the Johnny Killian series novels are only slightly better than the OPERATION ones.

    Ron C.

    Operation in the
    > title, was a pretty lame spy thriller. I did not read any more Earl
    Drakes. I have
    > enjoyed Marlowe's standalones I've read, though, Vengeance Man, Strongarm,
    > Never Live Twice (all reprinted by Black Lizard) and Four for the Money.
    > Mark
    >
    > > To: rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com
    > > From: noelnickol@gmail.com
    > > Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 13:12:16 +0000
    > > Subject: RARA-AVIS: Dan J. Marlowe
    > >
    > > Hey Everybody, I'm new here and looking for a little help.
    > >
    > > I just finished The Name of the Game is Death - which completely blew me
    away.
    > And picked up two more by Dan J. Marlowe: The Vengance Man and Flashpoint.
    > >
    > > Anyone have any advice on others? I've heard that some of his books are
    > astonishingly well-written (The Name of the Game being a case in point)
    and that