Re: RARA-AVIS: Trigger City by Sean Chercover

From: cptpipes2000 (cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 03 Sep 2009

    My buddy Mark asked:
    > Chris,
    > Have you read Reed Farrel Coleman's Moe Prager series? I think it's really great, maybe even better than Spiegelman's. Interestingly, what led me to finally read Spiegelman was his intro to one of the Prager novels.

    As we have discussed on this list before, I read Walking the Perfect Circle lat year, after I had read every other book in the Prager series. I am convinced that reading the first book last contributed to my overall enjoyment of the series since the other books never expose the final, final, answer to the overall mystery. I was actually pretty shocked when I got to the part in the first story that tells the final ending. It was close to my reaction to the final chapter of the Lew Griffin series (I dropped the book).

    FWIW, I gave Spiegelman a chance because I read an interview where Coleman recommended him.

    Also, I have enjoyed both of Coleman's books writing as Tony Spinosa. Any fan of the Moe Prager series (or the books of Thomas Kelley should give them a chance.

    Chris