Re: RARA-AVIS: Trigger City by Sean Chercover

From: cptpipes2000 (cptpipes@hotmail.com)
Date: 02 Sep 2009

    --- In rara-avis-l@yahoogroups.com, Mark Sullivan <DJ-Anonyme@...> wrote:
    > I enjoyed his first, a solid debut, and have been looking forward to the second, but paperback looking forward to, not hardback looking forward to, which I reserve for a very select few, one of which we've recently lost, Westlake/Stark's Parker books.
    > Mark

    I too recommend Trigger City. I picked up Chercover's debut, Big City, Bad Blood in 2007 literally(!) because I was locked out of my house and wanted to read while I passed the time. For better or worse, I was not interested in another first person P.I. series at the time, but Chercover easily won me over and I was very much looking forward to Trigger City.

    I have since become a reader of Spiegelman's series too, so am not sure why I was so reluctant for new P.I. series at the time.

    Chris